Our History

Hotel Lido since 1921

Alassio was a British "discovery" at the beginning of the twentieth century. The small fishing village, with its beach of fine white sand and the mild climate, impressed British businessmen and aristocrats so that they had it elected their "buen retiro" for the winter season. Some of them, such as the Hanburys, came from the French Rivera and built magnificent villas all along the Alassio bay. To improve the long stays of the so-called foreign hivernants, many facilities were built: concert halls, a kursaal, a casino and – of course – many elegant and luxurious hotels.

The Lido Hotel was opened in 1921. Throughout generations, the Canelli family has ever since offered top reception and service to passers-by and guests.

Call us
Contact